So here are the aspects that have most impacted wellbeing for parent carers.
I posted a few weeks ago about the No. 1 aspect being the energy involved in being a parent carer.
No. 2 is dealing with diagnosis, hospital appointments, surgeries & therapies.
And of course, so understandable:
1. The challenging journey to a diagnosis
2. The sheer amount of admin, logistics & scheduling involved
3. The overload of amount of information
4. The pressure that comes with the value of early intervention
5. The new role of a parent as the home ‘therapist’
6. The often un-empathetic delivery of information
To name a few…..
This aspect can often consist of triggering experiences, be tiring in itself and feel lonely & overwhelming
Again, with the intention of wanting to respond to each of the survey findings l will be sharing later 3 things that can help.